WE'RE LOOKING FOR A...
PART TIME COMMUNITY MANAGER
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING TEAM A&P, READ THE ROLE OUTLINE BELOW AND APPLY
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The official title is: Community Manager. We've been growing our audience through Content Marketing for some years now, and we want somebody to be able to support the growth of that going forward.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
We want the role to evolve with you and give you more responsibility as you go. We're also going to match you up to tasks depending on skills. But to give you a sense of what we're after, here's the type of tasks we want to give to the community manager:
- Welcoming new customers and supporting them through the journey of being a customer of 'Andrew and Pete.'
- Keeping in touch with existing customers, making sure everybody is happy and answering any questions they may have.
- Social Media tasks. You won't be managing our social networks exactly, but there are a few processes that we would like you to do on a weekly basis on our accounts.
- Content curation. You'll be in charge of finding breaking news content in our industry, and publishing to our social media channels.
- Content Marketing systems. We have a strict Content Marketing schedule to keep up with (blogs, videos, email marketing, social), you'll be working with us to keep us on track, and making sure all our content gets distributed across all platforms.
- Email management. We want you to be on the front line of our email account, managing responses, forwarding important messages to us, replying to any quick responses. You will be the first 'contact' anybody has with us (a lot comes via email), so this will be an important role.
- Manage our sales process, using the tools we already have implemented. Follow up with prospects... and making sure we don't forget about anybody! (you won't be doing sales calls don't worry).
- Diary management. You'll be in charge of booking any meetings, and keeping track of our schedule.
The world of content and social changes constantly, so the roles will be ever evolving and interesting.
PART TIME HOURS
We see this as a growing role, and would like to talk to anybody suitable, whether they can commit 5 hours/week or 20 hours/week!
We are happy to have applications from VAs or other business owners or freelancers. Ideally though, this would become a full time role as your responsibilities grow with our business.
The most important thing is that we get on! So if you don't know us already, go and watch some of our videos - as there's no point in applying if you don't like us! We don't place high value on marketing degrees (though it wouldn't count against you), but we do have some necessary attributes & skills the role requires, plus some ideal skills that might give you a nudge ahead...
- Fun and friendly. We don't want somebody that takes themselves too seriously. We find the best ideas and work gets done when you're in a good mood.
- Not a douche.
- Well organised. It's a process driven role, and we are handing a lot of the organisational responsibilities to you. If you're not organised, it's not going to work.
- Common sense. We want you to work off your own initiative and at times, make common sense decisions without having to ask us for help constantly.
- Tech-savvy. You need to be able to use: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn (ideally WordPress too) and be able to quickly pick up how to use the other tools we use at Andrew and Pete. We're happy to train on new tools and tech, but we want somebody that already know their way around social media at least.
- Writing skills. As you'll be replying to emails and writing some content here and there, you must have fantastic English writing and grammar skills.
- Attention to Detail. Sloppy errors bug us.
IDEAL BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Graphic design experience, or a nice eye for design
- Experience using WordPress
- Have undertaken the types of tasks listed above in a past role.
KEY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
Will the work be on-site, or can anybody apply?
You don't need to work from our office, so are happy to take applications from all over the world.
Can I set my own hours?
We're happy to negotiate hours to fit with your schedule and ours, but once decided we'd like to keep it consistent.
How much does it pay?
Again, we'll negotiate this with you depending on your level of skill and how many of the above tasks you can do. Hours will be set in advance and paid monthly.
Is travel involved?
Occasionally we may want to bring you along to conferences and events.
Can I use the company jet?
How about NO!
WHY WORK WITH US
Other than our fantastic sense of humour, devilish good looks and modesty, why would you want to work with Andrew and Pete?
We're passionate, fast moving, innovative and strive to always be on the cutting edge. We'll be a fun company to work and learn with... and we can teach you a lot.
We're not looking for somebody to just save us time doing the tasks we can outsource, we're looking for somebody who can become a valuable member of the team, the FIRST other member of the team, and somebody who can become our right-hand man/woman.
But you'll have to really impress us, if you want us to change the business name to 'Andrew and Pete and You'
We're generous and caring, and it's important to us that YOU get something out of this role as well as us.
UP FOR A NEW ADVENTURE? HERE'S HOW TO APPLY...
Apply below using the form, you can upload anything to it, so if you feel like you want to get creative, go nuts...
Deadline for application: Until we find someone perfect!